Monday, November 5, 2012

Light Meter Phone Apps

I know there are times that I don't feel like carrying my light meter with my when I carry around my 35mm, and used to just guess my exposures(internal light meter broken), but just last week I started testing out phone light meters, and they aren't that bad. Here a a few different apps for both iphone and android phones. Some of the apps have other tools on them as well, such as a bellow extension factor calculator and dof calculators.

Iphone apps
Pocket Light Meter


Android Apps

Light Meter Tools


Light Meter Tool is is an application for photographers to measure reflected and ambient light using their Android cell phones, developed by a photographer with too much equipment to carry around. It uses two different methods to measure light: the light sensor and the phone’s camera.
beeCam Light Meter is a incident-light meter application.
This app can measure the exposure without influence of the reflectivity of subject.
The accuracy of measurements depends on the sensor of your phone.
A collection of Photography tools for professionals and ambitious amateurs.
Photography Tools bundled in one free application. Please note that this is a tool for professional photographers with some background knowledge required.

No comments:

Post a Comment